Volunteering at Villa Medica is a great way to develop your skills and acquire professional experience, but it also goes a long way toward helping improve the quality of life and well-being of the community. Our volunteers work directly with the Recreational department, whose role it is to support and help patients who want to have fun while in rehab!
Volunteers perform a variety of tasks based on what they can offer (e.g., welcome patients and explain the recreational program, help in browsing the Internet, provide medical assistance, or lend an ear).
The Benefits to You
Regardless of the services rendered, volunteering at Villa Medica has many advantages:
- having fun accomplishing an activity
- meeting new people
- supporting a cause close to your heart
- learning more about yourself
- discovering new passions and interests
- improving your language skills
- using your knowledge, skills and experience to help others
- enhancing your knowledge and experience
Our dynamic and friendly volunteers need you to help make a difference in the lives of patients, families and staff.
How We Thank our Volunteers
Villa Medica is aware and grateful of the contributions that volunteers make in the lives of our patients. They fulfill many of our needs and we have several ways in which to thank them:
- paid public transportation
- meals available
- warm and friendly area on the building’s top floor
- dinners in recognition of service
- invitation to take part in certain Villa Medica events
How to Become a Volunteer
You want to join our team of volunteers? Simply contact the volunteer coordinator—it’s the perfect opportunity to introduce yourself, get information and ask questions.
Once you have done that, come by and see us! We invite you to visit the facility and get to know the place, our patient and our staff before officially starting your volunteer work.
Coordinator, Recreational Services and Volunteers
Phone: 514-288-8201, ext. 4269